On-Site Sewage Disposal Systems
- Design for residential and commercial applications including soil and lot assessments, design drawings, approval application, construction inspection, and certificate of installation to Nova Scotia Department of Environment standards.
- Property assessments for subdivision development
- Existing system assessments for building additions/renovations or malfunction repair
- Vacant land development assessments for potential purchasers
- Watercourse alteration design and approval including culverts, bridges, wharves, water intakes, boat launches, and erosion protection
Building Code Issues
- Concrete slabs
- Part 9 Variances - Tall walls, Shallow foundations, ICF variances
- Field Review of Construction
- Non-Building code stairways, ramps, and catwalks certification/assessment
- Driveway Entrances
Health & Safety
- Lifting equipment certification
- Fall protection systems and anchorage design
- Engineer’s certification of scaffolding
- Rigging design – Lifting arrangements, spreader bars, etc.
- Trench cage certification
- Engineer’s certification required for other use of equipment
Jason Hanam of Hanam Engineering Ltd. is a licensed professional engineer with over 20 years of industry experience specializing in on-site sewage disposal systems, building code issues, regulatory health and safety concerns, project management, and many other engineering challenges.
Jason works closely with property owners and contractors to provide solutions that best meet the client’s needs. Contact today to take the stress out of your project.
- Certified Level 1 On-Site Wastewater Design Qualified Person (QPI), Dalhousie University’s Centre for Water Resources Studies
- Certified Watercourse Alteration Sizer, Certificate No. 1500619-S, Nova Scotia Department of Environment
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), License No. 9439, Engineers Nova Scotia